Communication tools we use and the guidelines to follow.
We use slack for communication. Every project has an internal and external channel. We invite customers to join the external channel. While using slack please follow these guidelines:
- Avoid DMs: Discuss everything about a project on that specific channel. This keeps everyone in the loop even if they're not working on that feature or module.
- Come with a solution: When in doubt don't ask "How you should proceed" rather try to think of solutions and ask which one is the best.
- Be mindful of other people's time: It's okay to ping people once in a while but be mindful that they have their own tasks to finish.
- Statuses: Use the different slack statuses to broadcast your availability.
- Don't use gifs in external channels.
Meeting your lead, team, and customer is required to understand priorities and tasks. Our philosophy here is to:
- 1.Keep it short: Meetings should be short, just enough time to go through the agenda and get everyone on the same page.
- 2.Schedule check-ins: Regular check-ins ensure everyone is aware of priorities and blockers can be discussed.